Saturday 24 May 2014

No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day and Night Cream Review.

Hi Guys! Hope you're all well! Over the past few months, with the cold weather, I'd been noticing my skin going fairly dry in certain areas. I'd never really had this problem before, so went into Boots, and asked about a moisturising but non-greasy product for my face. They recommended loads of different products! It was very hard to choose. Eventually I went with the No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day and Night Cream. I'm generally a fan of No7 products, their body creams and bath/ shower products, and another thing that sold me is the fact that the day cream has SPF 15 in, and we all know how important it is to protect our skin.

So, I have been using this almost every day since I bought it. (I say almost as sometimes I'm bad and forget to apply it! This isn't very often ;P). But what did I think of these products?!

The day cream is fantastic. It's really light on the skin but you can definitely tell that it has moisturised and done it's job. I apply it before doing my make-up and I leave it to set for 10 minutes, and then when putting on my make-up it's almost disappeared, leaving my skin feeling very pleasant. It also has a very fresh smell to it, which isn't over powering in any way. I couldn't recommend this product more, however, the Night Cream.. This was a different story. I have been applying the Night Cream after washing my face in the evening. It is very thick and doesn't seem half as light as the Day Cream. It makes my face quite greasy, even in the morning when I wake up my face still feels slightly greasy. I must say that these creams are definitely doing the job and moisturising my skin, it's just a little bit of discomfort in the evenings sitting there relaxing with a big greasy shiny face! When I wash my face in the morning, it returns to normal, and I then start the routine again with the Day Cream that I love.

I don't usually like to mix and match my Day and Night Creams, but I think I may have to, as I love the No7 Day Cream, but can't sit in the evenings with the Night Cream on.

You can buy these products from most Boots stores. I have nearly finished both jars, of 50ml. However, sometimes in the No7 gift sets, they do samples of these products, so if you didn't want to pay for the full jars before knowing if you like them or not, this is definitely a good option!

I hope this post was helpful to some of you, and if you have any recommendations of a good Night Cream, or even any good Day Creams, then please comment below! Don't forget to follow my twitter, where I post beauty tips and tricks regularly and upload photo's - @daniellemcalary

Thanks for reading! :).

2 comments:

  1. Great post, i often find night creams to be quite heavy.
    Lovely post, i really like all the shades you've tried out.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) Check it out on my blog.

    Keli | kelskurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review!

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete